Amazing Trivia About Kumbhalgarh Fort
- With seven gigantic gates and the width of 15 to 25 feet, it claims to be the second longest wall in the world after the Great Wall of China.
- There are over 360 temples inside the periphery wall of the fort, 300 ancient Jain amongst several Hindu temples.
- According to the folklore, the priest advised the King that build a temple, where the head falls and construct the wall, where the body falls of a man. The king Rana Kumbha asked for the volunteers but nobody came forward except for a hermit who sacrificed his life and helped in the smooth construction of Kumbhalgarh fort. As decided Rana Kumbha constructed the temple where the head of that hermit had fallen.
- Amidst all temples, the Shiva Temple is remarkable as it possesses a huge ‘Shivlinga’.
- The castle Jhalia ka Malia or the Palace of Queen Jhalia is said to be the birthplace of Maharana Pratap.
- Confined within thirteen elevated mountain peaks, the fort is built on the summit around 1,914 meters above sea level.